Carving Turkey with electric knife
The first thing you have to do is to let your turkey cool for some time. It is quite easy to carve after fifteen or twenty minutes of cooling. Additionally, you will not burn yourself with the juice while curving the bird. This is a very important precaution to take. Most people like to carve the bird on the dining table. We also have more information here
Many people do not know how to carve a turkey with an electric knife. However, below are some few steps to guide you:
- When starting to carve the breast, carve straight down bird’s sternum until the bottom of the turkey.
- To separate that thigh from the breast, carve the skin that puts them together. You can put aside the breast for slicing later on.
- When you are carving breast meat, it is a good idea to carve against the grain in order to obtain maximum tenderness. You can also slice thick pieces. The thick pieces will retain heat for a long time, compared to thin peace.
- Since the breast Is off from the bird, you can further proceed to cut it into other pieces. Carve the legs as most important to people’s lives.
- You will be required to pull the legs apart until you hear a pop. Find the connecting joints to the thigh and crave them
- Avoid the mistake of sawing the bone, otherwise, you will not get much meat hence affect your presentation.
- For you to cut off the wings, flip your turkey and do the same as you did to drumsticks. When you start using the knife as a saw, this means you are closer to the bone. Make sure you leave the cartilage. You may use it for broth later on.
You will be able to carve the breast meat, wing, and legs. Consider the below points when carving the thighs.
- The first thing you should do is to remove the bone. The most appropriate way is by turning the thigh and carve the bone using your knife.
- You will need to cut the sides of the bone, just to make sure it is a clean carving and you get a lot of meat.
- Just like the breast, thighs do have a connecting joint to the bone. Try to get much meat.
- While curving towards the bottom of the thigh, pull outwards joints just like for the previous bits.
- Avoid hacking the thigh. You will mangle the meat, and it will not look good. Make use of the electric knife. Your major job will be to guide it.
- The main objective is getting a lot of meat as you can, from any bone within the thigh. Let your electric knife work for you instead of chopping and sawing away.
Many people might choose to throw away the bones. However, you can use them to make a soup. The soup from turkey bones is quite tastier.