Is it safe to trip with the magic mushroom? Are there risks? What can you get if you trip with the shroom? If you are nervous about tripping with magic mushrooms for the first time, this post is right for you.
Magic mushrooms, also known as shrooms, are wild mushrooms that contain chemical compounds like Psilocybin and Psilocin (converted compound from Psilocybin when ingested) – both are known to have psychoactive and hallucinogenic properties.
What does a magic mushroom do?
Generally, when magic shroom is consumed, it changes the user’s perception and mood. However, the effects of consuming magic mushrooms are determined by various factors, including the shroom’s strain, potency, preference (dried or fresh magic mushroom), dosage, and the physical and mental condition of the tripper. In several tripping events, the effects of magic mushroom start 30 minutes after consuming the shroom and last within 3 to 6 hours.
Here are the common effects of magic mushrooms:
- Increased senses (sight, smell, taste, hearing, and touch)
- Hallucination (moderate to extreme hallucination, targeting auditory and visual senses)
- Experiencing introspective
- Distorted sense of time, place, and reality
- Dilated pupils
- Increased heart rate, temperature, and blood pressure
- Lack of coordination
What are its benefits?
Despite being on Schedule I substance under the Controlled Substances Act, there are benefits of using magic mushrooms, especially for medical purposes. Here are a few benefits that shrooms have:
- Increase in “openness”
- Increase in creativity
- Stimulate the growth of new brain cells
- Help reduce symptoms of withdrawal from smoking, alcoholism, and other substance addiction.
- Reduce depression
What are the risks?
Tripping with magic mushrooms, some individuals experience a “bad trip”.
A bad trip or bad acid trip is a negative cause of psychedelic drugs. The symptoms of a “bad trip” include the following:
- Moderate to extreme paranoia
- Moderate to an extreme sense of anxiety
- Experiencing negative thoughts around you
- Extreme sudden mood swings
- A negative or extreme hallucination that intensely affects the sense of perception.
A bad trip may occur because of the following:
- Consuming psychedelic substances, like a magic mushroom in higher doses.
- Tripping under a negative emotional state.
- Tripping under alcohol or other substance.
- Tripping with excessive stimulation (too stimulating environment).
- Tripping without someone to stay with you.
- Not having enough sleep the night before tripping.
- Tripping without drinking enough water.
How to stop a bad trip?
Stopping a bad trip is sometimes impossible, but you can avoid it. To avoid experiencing a bad trip, consume the right dose of magic shroom (it is critical for you to learn more about this), have someone to assist you during tripping, and do not abuse using magic mushrooms. Have enough sleep and trip with a complete sense of preparedness.
If someone is experiencing a bad trip, you need to keep them safe. Here are the things you need to do:
- Move them away from too much noise or too stimulating environment.
- Have them calm down.
- Let them listen to soft or relaxing music.
Tripping with magic mushrooms can be fruitful, but you need to use them according to the recommendation.